Friday, March 20, 2020

Distance Learning through May 4th

Good morning families,
I just wanted to give you an update on the district's plan for distance learning. Starting on Monday, March 30th (the week after Spring Break), the students will be participating in distance learning through May 4th (4 weeks). In order to make this a success, the students will be needing their Chromebooks. The district is looking at the best way to make this happen. Some supplies that you may want to gather are small whiteboards, notebooks, and pencils.
I will be using a platform called Zoom. With Zoom, I will teach directed lessons to students and will be able to provide direct support. The lessons will also be recorded and I will post them, so the students can go back and refer to the lessons as they work independently on assignments. I will be taking attendance with each session.
At the beginning of the week, I will be sending the students a weekly lesson plan. On the first page, it will have the standards we will be working on with a link to a page for each day of the week. All the assignments and links will be at the students' fingertips and because they will be using their Chromebooks, we won't be experiencing log in problems.
Students will be receiving grades and must complete the assigned work daily. They will also be filling in a digital P.E. log and reading log. My goal is to provide the students will a comparable experience to what they would be receiving in class.
I will be sending out a link to a Zoom parent meeting. This way, we can all have a face to face meeting and I will answer any questions that you have. I will have two sessions, one in English and one in Spanish. I will also have one for the students, so they can see each other and we can talk about the upcoming changes.
I appreciate each of you and together we will make distance learning a success.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Winslow :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment